Custom Cakes For All Occasions
Monkey And Me Sweets Logo

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Building Cars out of cake!

I have always been fascinated by cars, trucks, planes, trains, pretty much every mode of transportation. When we were challenged with creating a car cake for the first time I struggled to get it to look presentable. It was average and very much cakelike (at first sight it was obviously cake).



I started to look at why my result was the way it was and began to make corrections to my process. The next cake came out a little better.
I have come up with a system that put me in the right direction to creating car cakes that look like models of the car i was trying to replicate.
 
It starts with research! I get as many reference photos as I can get my hands on, I find manufacturer blueprints, and I even purchase a replica model of the car I am trying to create.
 This proved to work. We have taken this process to every sculpted cake we create and we have seen our work become more and more like the item we are trying to recreate.






No comments:

Post a Comment